"Tea Love: A Haiku"
My favorite drink.
Not much more satisfies me.
Here's why I love Tea;
1. Teas and tisanes (tea accompanied by herbs and roots) promote overall health and longevity and are used by many people as an anti-bacterial agent. In history, they have been used as medicine to treat numerous forms of dis-ease. Similarly, tonics (roots/herb blends steeped for several days) are consumed daily for preventative healthcare, are naturally antibiotic, antiviral, and/or antiseptic, and possess a long shelf life.
2. Energy- Caffeine levels in tea are released gradually throughout the day for sustained energy; unlike coffee which gives a quick burst of energy that makes you crash midway through the day.
3. Digestion- Essential Oils and polyphenols in tea stimulate peristalsis (bowel movements) and the production of digestive juices.
4. Cardiovascular- Drinking tea reduces blood triglycerides and cholesterol which decreases the risk of heart attacks.
5. Teeth- All teas, especially green tea, contains natural fluoride, a plaque preventing and teeth strengthening mineral.
6. Cancer- Polyphenols have been identified as antioxidants and reduce cancer in all types in lab animals.
7. Vitamins- Teas contain significant amounts of various vitamins and minerals including Vitamin C, Calcium, and Potassium.
8. Naturally low calorie!
9. Nervous System- Drinking tea regularly increases alertness, reduces fatigue, and improves concentration. Tisanes made with nervine or sedative herbs help with muscle relaxation and ease nervous pain/inflammation.
10. Moist leaves can be recycled and used to sooth insect bites, sunburn, fungal infection, and refresh tired eyes.
11. Relaxation- Green teas especially helps to ease anxiety and promote peace of mind.