Water Cures…Part II
This treatment is best for cold and flu-like dis-ease, inflammation, and anxiety. If you are experiencing any form of bodily dis-ease that weakens your overall independence you will require monitoring by myself or another practitioner. Regardless, you must follow these guidelines;
- Cleanse. You and the bathtub should be clean before starting the bath. If you are unable to stand for a shower, take a shallow sponge bath and allow the attendant time to clean your tub. Always be sure to rinse with cool water unless you are menstruating.
- Atmosphere. Remove drafts from the room and maintain a room temperature of 70-80 degrees, keep low lighting, and only play soft relaxing music. Eat two hours prior to your bath and be prepared to nap or slumber in light clothing after your bath. Remember our bodies work the hardest while we sleep.
- Regulate. Maintain a water temperature between 105 degrees and 115 degrees Fahrenheit or as hot as tolerable for the patient. Use only temperatures between 93-98 degrees Fahrenheit on children, elders, extremely feeble persons, or those with hypertension. To change water temperature slowly add water of desired temperature to avoid shock. Keep cool water close by to drink or to dampen a towel with for the neck or forehead. A bag of ice can also be placed over the heart for those with hypertension.
- Customize. Research herbs/mixtures that will best help your ailment. Make a tonic drink from the herbs and place some of the herbs in a cheesecloth or tea ball and add to your bath. Consume your tonic beverage after your bath or two hours before the bath. Add mixtures like epsom salt or baking soda directly to running bath water. Check out this blog article for instructions on making a tonic.
- Meditate. Lie in your tub and imagine your body working hard to remove its ailment from the inside-out. Imagine the water and herbs as a steady conductor cleansing your body. When you stand to drain your tub, imagine the dis-ease flowing down the drain. Then when you rinse with cool water, imagine every pore on your body close to prevent any intruders.
You may follow this routine once or twice daily until you are well, but make enough tonic to last you beyond feeling well. This treatment is all natural so overdosing is mythical, however be sure to stay away from known allergens. I hope you found this helpful in some way. Please share with a friend in need for it will help save a life.